Friday, March 8, 2013

Last Week In The MTC!






 
 

I cannot believe its the last week already. Seriously. I feel like I've been here for maybe a week or two at the most. It does not by any means feel like its 6 weeks in!


I'm getting to the point where I can mostly give any lesson in Spanish. I can't use fancy words or fancy vocab and its probably not super correct grammar, but for the most part whatever I need to talk about I can if I think about it for a second or two.


The hard part is understanding what people are saying. For our teachers and other people I can understand just about anything they said. And ever yweek for TRC (where members volunteer) I was pretty A OK but last week we got a sister who was straight from Peru a couple years ago and let me tell you she could talk so dang fast in Spanish it was unbelievable. Here is there weirder part. I'm normally much better and understanding and talking than my companion is, but when she started talking she was talking so fast that I hardly understood a word and when she stopped I was seriously dumbfounded and hand no clue what to say, but my companion just responded right back as if it was nothing. It was like that for the rest of the lesson for 40 minutes. I had no clue what they were talking about a lot of the time and he was just responding. Then after the lesson and when we got back to the class the teacher started talking to us in Spanish again and I had to explain a lot to my companion again because he didn't understand what was going on... Yeah I'm still way confused about that whole lesson. Maybe I just needed something that would just re-humble me. Ha well regardless of why that was supposed to happen that's definitely what happened.
 

Other than that it was a pretty typical week. We are all getting nervous because we are about to leave here in a couple days and we'll be on an airplane flying to California and will soon be in the field again not knowing or understanding a word of whats going on.


Um some atypical things that happened this week include:


Flooding: The girls residence flooded a couple nights ago. The water got up to about 1 inch or 2 on the bottom floor at like 3 in the morning. So lets just say that day all the Hermana's were pretty darn tired and grumpy. Workers had to come in at like 4 in the morning and work on it so they all get to get up and then there were fans on all night. Then the entire day they were complaining about the smell of their entire building too. So all and all that was not good.


In-Field: We had infield orientation this week as well. It was pretty pointless we hardly learned anything of what the actual field was going to be like. We were in a class room listening to a lecture from 8-12:30 and then from 1:15-6... I'm not even going to pretend that I didn't fall asleep for part of it. Not all of it but definitely some of it I did.


Hosting: I have now hosted a total of 5 people. Three of them I was already decent friends with too. Connor, Drew, Joel (Gassman (I went to high school with him)). So its awesome that I've been able to see them and do that.


That's all for today. Nothing more special. I'll send pics and try to put captions and explain whats going on in them...


P.S. I'll be leaving Tuesday so now any letters should probably start going to the mission home:


2500 North Bristol Street
Santa Ana, California 92706-1409

I think that's the mission home and the place where you can send any letters or anything there and then it will eventually get to me.


Thanks again... Keep writing to me. Its awesome to hear about whats going on.

Elder Carson Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment